Daniel Boulud's Caviar with Potatoes and Crème Fraiche
- Salt (for cooking the potatoes)
- 12 small German Butterball or Yukon Gold potatoes, washed
- 3 ½ t0 7 oz golden osetra or sevruga caviar
- ½ cup organic crème fraiche
- 1 lemon, sliced into quarters
- 1 tbsp finely minced chives
- Bring enough salted water to cover the potatoes to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and cut each one in half. Line an elegant basket or bowl with a linen napkin. Place the cooked potatoes inside the napkin to keep them warm.
- Place the caviar tin over crushed ice and serve with crème fraiche, lemon, and chives on the side. Provide mother-of-pearl spoons to serve the caviar. Allow guests to enjoy the sensual experience of assembling their own hors d’oeuvre of potatoes, caviar, and crème fraiche.