Guillaume Brahimi's Basil Infused Tuna with Soy Vinaigrette
- 1 lb sashimi-quality tuna
- 1 bunch basil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mixed salad greens to serve
- To Prepare the Tuna: Cut the tuna into four steaks of equal size. Pick the basil leaves from the stalks, blanch the leaves in boiling water, and then plunge them into icy water. Drain the basil leaves in a colander and set aside. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper, and then carefully wrap each one in basil leaves. Steam the tuna pieces for 45 seconds. The tuna should be warm but not cooked.
- To Prepare the Vinaigrette: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, and mustard seeds, adding lime juice to taste.
- To Serve: Brush the tuna with the vinaigrette and serve on a bed of mixed greens.