Gabrielle Hamilton's Soft Scrambled Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (double cream)
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- Coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and beat well with a fork.
- Add the cream and beat to incorporate.
- Heat the butter in a small nonstick skillet over low heat until the butter starts to foam.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Stir the eggs rigorously and continuously with a spatula until they are set and softly scrambled, with very small curds.
- They should look creamy and pale and moist.
- This can take a lot longer than you think, as the constant stirring slows down the cooking time.
- Transfer the eggs to a warm plate, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle generously with the freshly chopped parsley.