Carmen Marc Valvo's Swedish Lobster
- 8 1 1/4 lbs lobsters
- 8 oz dried dill seeds
- 4 oz fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup of coarse sea salt
- 1 yellow onion cut into 6 pieces
- 2 cans of beer
- Mix the dill seeds, fennel seeds, sea salt, yellow onion, and the beer into a big lobster pot with water.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for approximately 10 minutes before you add the lobsters.
- Let the lobster boil in the covered pot for 7-8 minutes and then shut off the stove.
- Let the lobsters sit in the covered pot overnight till the water is room temperature.
- Remove the lobsters from the pot and put them in a flat bowl with some of the “lobster juice” (from the pot on the bottom), cover with plastic wrap and chill for approximately 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cut the lobsters in half length-wise and remove the stomach and de-vein. Crack the claws.
- Serve the lobsters in a big bowl and let everybody put the lobster meat on toasted sourdough bread that is richly buttered.
- Served with chilled pink champagne.