Tracy Anderson’s Nanny’s Chicken and Noodles
November 8th, 2011
Tags: Main Dish, meats, pasta.
NOTE: The photo above is how the dish turned out in the My Last Supper kitchen, and may look different than as envisioned by the original chef.
- 6-8 Eggs
- Chicken Stock
- Chicken Breast
- Nanny mixes 6-8 eggs and flour to make a stiff mixture and then rolls the dough out on a flat surface until there is a very thin layer.
- Then she rolls up the dough and cuts the noodles very thin.
- She lets the noodles dry in the open air.
- She adds the noodles to boiling chicken stock until they are tender.
- The final addition is adding the shredded chicken breast.
Shredded Chicken Breast
- To poach the chicken breast, place chicken breast in a small pot and cover with chicken stock or water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low so the water is just at a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let the chicken sit in the water for 15-25 minutes. Shred the chicken with a fork.